Thursday, November 22, 2007

Pre-Exams Stress

When it comes to Exam season, I used to sleep really late but this semester's absolutely different. I zonk out by 11-12 pm and I get up at 7 am without the alarm clock. It is a good habit, more time to study, exercise, yoga.. I'm absolutely hooked by hatha yoga. I had an intense session yesterday evening with Laura who replaced Deepak because he went on a holiday. Hers required more core strength and flexibility.
I think Cali-ing has given me results! I had an in-body yesterday, which was a basically standing on this brilliant machine that takes your BCM, fluid retention, muscle ratio etc in approximately 3 minutes. Guess what? I gained muscle mass and lost fats! Yipeee! I've still got a long way to go to reach the ideal. Solomon(the trainer) says I have to put on 10kg to reach my ideal of 55kg. I looked at him and winced. He said I was too underweight and had insufficient mass. To think I was all smirky cause I lost weight, lost 2% fats and gained 2% muscle mass... More work!
The funny thing is that though most girls are tiny or even skinny, we have a lot more potential of possessing fats. The normal percentage would be 18-23%. Though we may be within the normal range, our muscle mass ratio to the fat percentage is usually low. That's my problem. I need more muscle! More body pump sessions then!
There are also a lot more that I learnt from Cali. For instance, not too much cardio (1 hour would not only burn fats but also muscle mass), you should eat after exercise ( protect your muscles), eating after 8pm will make you fat, that's a myth. It takes 4 days for excess energy to be converted into fats. The trick to burning the excess energy is to that if you were to have a heavy meal after 8 pm, go running in the morn or take a leisure swim in the afternoon before the next meal to burn that excess energy off. This way, it won't accumulate. Of course, there's eating in moderation!
I adore how Science works. I like logic, like understanding mechanisms of nature. I like things to make sense! :) Perhaps, my forte is really chemistry after all.
Anyways, Louie says we'll go on a holiday from the 4th to the 8th - to Koh Phi Phi or Krabi! I can't wait. The last time we were supposed to go, it was cancelled cause I was sick. I felt so sad, so I shall cross my fingers that I won't fall sick this time, especially after the stressful period of studying for exams. Then there's watching what I eat again. I need more meat, which isn't really my cup of tea but I'll try cause I don't want anyone to worry. Somehow, I'm more into porridge, veges, soup, fish, dim sum but not Bar Chor Mee, Crabs, Prawns and all that. It worries him cause it seems too healthy! But I do have my weaknesses like how I love my fries, ice-cream, marshmallows, peranakan curries, satays, sambal stingray, just that I don't get to have it all the time!
I promise promise to take care of myself cause I want to be healthy. It'll take time to change taste preferences (cause in my family, my mum makes veges and healthy stuff more than beef and definitely no pork). I will try cause I want to make people around me happy, not worried.
Check out my muscles in 3 months' time! I'll give you the bulge..muahhahaha.
Alrighty time for more work. OooHH by the way, you have to watch Gossip Girl. It is alot like the O.C, except with cuter actors and actresses. I adoreeeeeeeee Serena Vanderwoodsen. She dresses like Kate Moss. Tossed up hair, vests, chic dresses. Everything she wears seems unexpected. There's Blair of course, who has clothes to die for too - tiny dresses that clinches at the waist, waist skirts..ooooh drool! Now, I'm shopping like Serena! Obsession with ass hugging skinnies, peep-toed pumps, layering, tossed up hair(I'm going to highlight and cut my hair btw). Just think Kate Moss :)
Try tudou.com. Type gossip girl and start from episode 1. I guarantee you'll be hooked like how the tonnes of girls around me are. Angel and I go crazy every Thurs. -grin-
Okay I SHOULD go now.. Grace Out!
P.S Amanda's coming back!!
xoxo,
G

No comments: