Thursday, November 8, 2007

Heartwarming sunday

My project went well today! Now for updates! Went to Dad's church on Sunday because I'm taking on the role as choreographer for the Christmas outreach. I had to meet the other committee members in order to get an idea of what they wanted for the musical. I'll be choreographing a hip hop event for the youths that has to be in line with the script of the musical.
Hung out with Alethea - my best friend throughout the whole service and after. Gosh I miss the girl. She went over to Australia for her scholarship and we sort of drifted apart. Some things never change. We can still be as crazy as ever! When we were young, we would play the most hilarious games like poor-rich family, furniture shop, water-game... we would talk in church during service and get reprimanded by nearby aunties. We would sneak down and stuff our faces with the bestest curry puff in church. We would stay over each other's house during the school holidays and watch clueless over and over again..
Growing up wasn't easy but Alethea made it fond. She opened me up, from a quiet child to one that would love to get her hands dirty.. then there was shopping for prom dresses, problems with relationships.. She was my "SOS".
Alethea is one of the most intelligent girls I've ever met. She was from RGS, then RJ, then an MOE scholar. She even accelerated her studies and graduated ahead of her peers. She is also one heck of a driver, an avid soccer fan, a talented musician. She also has the prettiest eyes.
Twin, I'm so proud of you! I love you for being such a special friend..
So after the main service, I tagged along to help her out with the children's church. We clowned around abit.
Alethea conducting the get to know you session after the screening the video of Noah's Ark. Another attempt at a cranky picture.It wasn't easy handling all these kids but it was fun. Children make the best gifts... indeed :)
The TYE family went out for dinner to celebrate Daddy Tye's birthday. It left me all warmandfuzzy, like when I drink a tad bit of champagne.
I love my parents because they have God's love in them. My dad and mum would save every penny on themselves but never hesitate to spend it on us. Our birthday dinners are usually lavish, with seafood, like how dad spent $600 on my b'day dinner. As for his, he was extremely touched and contented with a good old Zhi Char meal ( is that how you pronounce it? I can't speak dialect)
My dad started his own company and he made it successful. He gave up his love of travelling around the world to start a shipping business for us - his family. He worked long hours, went bankrupt once but picked himself up and he is a sucessful person today. We live comfortably because of him.
My mum is a nurse. She only completed her JC education because her family was poor and because she was the eldest, she started working to put her siblings through University. Needless to say, my mum was a scholar but she just didn't have the money. My aunts and uncles are successful people today because they went through the finest University education. My mum may be a nurse, but she's a darn good one, topping her class during her course. She may not be like Louie's mum - who looks beautiful even at 50 because she refuses to splurge on cosmetics and products but I think she's the most beautiful mum on earth.
Dajie, Jas, Jo and I may not be the prettiest or the most successful girls but we know our parents love us and would support us all the way. I want to give them a good life.. they deserve it after the years of hard work..gosh typing this just makes me want to cry. I love you dad and mum, Joyce, Jas and Jo.. I am blessed to belong in the TYE family.
My family...
Dinner.. spice is a must for daddy Tye.. we're peranakans you see..
Daddy told me to take a candid shot of him. We kept laughing ..so cute at his age!


Alright the cake wasn't from secret recipe.. we were all too full from dinner so we shared a slice of cake. -grin-
His gift - a card and a renoma wallet. Daddyshook the box and guessed it was a wallet right away! amazing!!
Daddy + the Tye sisters

Daddy,

I love you. Thank you for being the pillar in the family, who keeps us grounded in God and in life.

love,
Your daughter.

No comments: