Thursday, January 17, 2008

Table Tennis IHG

What a stunner! We're playing in the semis on Friday! Honestly, no one really expected us to go into the semis. I heard that even the sports secretary remarked so. We lost our valuable Su Hui and Wan Xuan. Loh Hu, Jiaxi, Hannah and I were the only players left and we had to fight it out with the other halls this year.
We lost KE but won Sheares, Sheares won KE but after tabulating the scores, Eusoff and KE got in. The girls from Sheares gave their best and I really respect them for doing so. It was our surprising line-up that gave us an edge.
The last time I went to train or even held a bat was 1 year ago, during last year's IHG. The prelims was actually the first time I held my bat in a year. I was slower, less sure, less offensive but still as determined to win. I detest bad attitude when it came to a game, especially shouting annoyingly into your rival hall's players ears when they're picking up the ball. This gave me an added will to win! grrrr...
The best part of the day was that two important people in my life were here to support me today. Louie came despite being busy from work. Twin came too! All muddy and smelly, with grass stains and mud on her face! When I was into my final set, Louie appeared and waved. I was so happy, I smiled and lost 2 consecutive points.. Seela! Distraction. Thank God we got it back somehow.... Onto the semis on Fri.. If Louie comes, I must not be distracted!!!! Hmph!!
Thank you for coming twin and dearie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments: