Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Eve 2007

All glamed up and ready for the party Louie's mum got tickets for. It was a countdown in conjunction with dinner and some ballroom dancing. Louie's mum mentioned the dress code was formal. I thought I was a little too underdressed in my simple SGD $32 white tube dress, curled hair and silver themed accessories, thank God it turned out alright. :) Marion, Dino and Louie were dressed similarly too! Louie was extremely handsome in his jacket, checked shirt, and jeans
I met Marion for the first time. I really like her. She's sporty, candid and she loves desserts. Plus I think since we have similar taste in men( Dino and Louie are bros), it was hard not to like her. She was dressed in a pretty peach dress and she looked really good with Dino.. :)

Louie's mum, she's easily the most outstanding woman in the ballroom.
Guess what? Dancefloor champs, Vas and Pris were invited to dance! I was blessed to have witnessed their talent

That's Louie's dad! He insisted on a picture with the 3 ladies..hiak hiak
So cute! I teased him about looking like this everyday, and I might just propose to him..











Sneaked off from the ballroom to the playground at the country club.


Mr Tan Louis Stevenson, may I know how you can look all macho like a cowboy, BUT CLUTCH my purse like there's no tomorrow?????!?!?
After dinner, we were sort of coerced to join the older crowd on the dance floor
Dancing to Let' s do the twist! I adore Dino's petrified expression!!!


The bros did some kind of robotic dance..
Dino and Marion. So sweet tog!!!!!!!!!
Who ever says that only the young can party? For Louie's parents, life begins at 50! Louie's dad can really gyrate!! His hip thrusts put John Travolta to shame... The funky parents were the life of the party. Marion, Dino, Louie and I were infected by the dance bug! Jitterbugging!!!!!!!!!Was made to dance in the centre of the circle... hehe. I like my hair!!!!!!!!
After the countdown, we headed over to Dempsey to visit a pub newly opened by Aunty's friend. Before that, it was ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The minibus outside Ben & Jerry's!!!
Our Mocktails, Fries, Wedges and Chicken Wings.. I LOVE MY Fried CARBO!!!!!!! The pub was pretty packed with young adults because of the amazing decor. It had the right tinge of edginess, nice huge TV and very nice mixes. Dempsey's the next big thing...
The bartenders were well versed in their bottle juggling..-grin- The pictures don't do the place justice.. you'll love it!

Louie's parents are such a joy to be with. I am blessed not only with a wonderful boyfriend, but also his loving family :)

No comments: