Friday, June 15, 2007

I've got the dream internship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my internship at Ogilvy and I'm elated! Thursday's interview went pretty okay cause I thought they asked standard questions. I didn't realised that I gave rather impressive answers till Louis told me they were non textbook replies. That's probably the reward for a 3 hour intensive article reading session. Ogilvy & Mathers is a Multinational advertising firm and they've got clients like Motorola, IBM, dove etc. I read on a blog that the building looks like Prada's. I was a little overwhelmed by the gorgeoustodie for lighting and interior of the 4th storey and I fell in love with the way men and women are dressed. It wasn't typical corporate wear but it was a lethal combination of sexychictrendyboldness. There was this woman with short red cropped hair, tight fitting red tube with a pretty brooch and slim grey pants with a thin gold belt. Then there was this super tanned looking, sporty guy with a enviably cut stripped shirt and khaki pants. Nice hair too! I think I'll embrace advertising! It's not just about working in teams, meeting clients, having that 5 secs of fame and all that todiefor clothing. I think advertising is a continual challenge. Behind the obvious need of creativity and innovation, I think it's also team cohesiveness and determination needed that would be a challenge. I love how advertising develops your personality as well. My interviewer Jacklyn, is a handsome woman with charisma. Her handshake, dressing, way of conversing is impressive. It's the confidence that modern day women should be proud of. I'm so excited about starting work on wednesday! That's after filming for mediacorp on monday and tuesday! I'm taking up a role la :) Filming's going to be super tiring. I can't wait for Wednesday to come!

Caleb, thank you for keeping me in prayers. You're one of the most encouraging mentors ever! AND your remark" that's what guys love you girls for" is so sweet!!!! Will be praying for you too! Get that MBA!!! :)

JH, a BIG thank you for being the most encouraging MSN listerner. When I was up at 2 am, desperately thinking of what to wear, you had the sweetest thing to say!! I did take your advice and smile lots.. -grin- Sometimes, when I look back, I really am amazed at how I got to know you as a friend. You're such a genuine person.. thank you very very much. -big smile-

I'm so glad everything worked out and I have to thank the Lord for it. He is truly the provider and I am blessed to be able to turn to him. :)

Before the world began, you were on his mind
And every tear you cry is precious in his eyes
Because of his great love, he gave his only son
And everything was done so you would come

Come to the Father, though your gift is small
Broken hearts, broken lives, he will take them all
The power of the word, the power of his blood
Everything was done so you would come

Sherlynn, you're still in my prayers .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what role are u taking?

Anonymous said...

ooh media corp! are u gonna act in fiona and me?

grace said...

Oh it's for TAB tv.. I'm supposed to be this girl who had it all going for her until her bf broke up with her and she ended up chain smoking.. she's supposed to turn from beautiful to old and haggard.. I hope I can do it though! It's intimidating to play the lead and I can't act!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ooh.. when would it be airing? on what channel?

grace said...

Oh i'm not sure when it's airing but it'll be on channel 5. I'll update it on my blog when it's airing then. please don't laugh at me!!!!!!