Sunday, June 10, 2007

dedicated to my dearest friend

Dearest Sherlynn,
I'm not sure when you will be reading this but when you do I hope you're alright. I went to your dad's wake last night. Peng, you and I cried uncontrollably. The pain of loss was too overwhelming. The memory of you shaking in tears when I hugged you is still vivid. My dearest friend, though Peng and I would make fun of you endlessly in the past over your emo moments, I want you to know that it is alright to cry. In fact, I think you have to be the bravest of us three. I didn't know what to say last night, how to comfort you. I guess words are pointless at the moment. I just want you to know that Peng and I and all the ex sports class girls will always be here for you.
You are one of the best friends I've ever made in life and you will always be in my prayers. Stay strong alright? Uncle's going to be proud of you cause even as a friend, I am. Each time you feel lost, you feel like giving up, give me a call? We all need a listening ear sometimes. Most importantly, our Father in heaven will be there for you in more ways possible than we can imagine. I experienced that myself in times of pain.
Peng, Pok, I miss you girls so much. Reminicsing about the old anglican high school days and how grown up we are makes me miss you girls even more. Back then, Peng was always the one who was the gorgeous one that would surprise anyone by sprouting some insane nonsense where everyone would be stunned into laughter. Image was probably the least on her priorities when it came to friendship. She is still that same old girl today. Pok would be the one that everyone would tease about.. her loud, crystal clear voice, her hair... and you're still that same lovable girl.
I'm really not good at words of comfort and I won't try saying something intelligent. Pok, just want you to know that I'll always be here for you. When you're ready to go out, let's have dinner together? With Peng? Girls, I miss you. Take good care of yourselves alright?

No comments: