Tuesday, April 24, 2007

dancing, my passion, my dream..

Hello dear world, I'm still up at 6:30 am, from revision. Been taking breaks in between from memorising and doing some choreography for a friend's competition. Despite my exam schedule, I'm more than happy to help. I hope I come up with a good one and that the girls will not only impress the judges but also fall in love with dance like I did. I've been trying to express how dancing is for me..the passion I feel, the joy I get from dancing and helping others to dance. I found some quotes online! They're really inspiring and heartwarming..so to mention quirky and with a sense of humour :)


For the amateurs: Don't be afraid to try if you like to dance. I started out with no background..just maybe ping pong to aid wrist flexibility? -grin-

Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. ~Dave Barry


For the passionate: I felt the same way when I experienced my first contemporary dance..

Dancing is like dreaming with your feet! ~Constanze


For the dreamer: Don't be afraid to try. We all start somewhere..

The truest expression of a people is in its dance and in its music.

Bodies never lie. ~Agnes de Mille

You can dance anywhere, even if only in your heart. ~Author Unknown


For humour: Think hip hop.. -chuckles-

Dancing is wonderful training for girls, it's the first way you learn to guess what a man is going to do before he does it. ~Christopher Morley, Kitty Foyle


To the special someone who has encouraged, stood by me and supported me in all my dance routines: thank you for being my errand man, delivery boy, avid fan, consoler and cheerleader. I couldn't have done what I did, if you weren't there for me when I was at my lowest.
I'm not the best dancer or the prettiest one but you make me feel like one. I'll work even harder after the exams.
To my family, especially Jo and Jas: Thank you for supporting me whenever you can. I love you girls, my darling sisters who have blossomed into talented, gorgeous young ladies. Just to let you girls know, I will be supporting your singing careers too! Believe in yourselves.. -hugs-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think u have a legion of guys out there willing to do the same.. But i'm glad (understatement) that i'm the one.. i can always almost feel ur satisfaction after u finish a dance and i love jus sharing that feeling with u.

Love u lots,
Louie

grace said...

-big happy smile- It's cause you're always there after every dance. There were so many times that I've cried over competitions and performances but you're there..reminding me that I can do it. You believed in me more than I believed in myself... It's more than I can ever ask for.... -hugs tight-