Monday, April 14, 2008

My 23rd b'day

I may be old but I'm HAPPY! I had the best weekend ever! Louie, Joy, Flo, Chel and my girlfriends planned a surprise b'day party for me at Flo's place. They picked me up from school after my major presentation on Sat. We were supposed to head over to JB for seafood dinner but it was all a ploy! It was the bestest best best best surprise party ever! To walk into a room, seeing the girls I've missed so much.. margie, xilin, meimei, ting, lorrie.. and to see my A3 dearies Freda, Claud, Angel, Grace.... even joy, chermie came... and my mum! I was too shocked to even look shock.. I just stared and looked blank. I'll update with pictures soon! Waiting for them cause I didn't bring my camera (wasn't expecting a surpise).
Thank you everyone. It meant the world to see my loved ones.. I actually cried over it at the end end end of the next day!
For now, it'll be an update on the celebration I had with my beloved family at Jumbo Seafood Restaurant!
Evidence of my joy.. My darling sister Jo and Jas. This is my favourite pic of the day! Freestyle jumpshot despite a belly packed to the brim.
This was probably how I looked when my friends surpised me at Flo's. I was all flushed .. The restaurant played a B'day song for me..and my family sang!
Tada! Chilli crab for you?
I was sick that day, but nothing could spoil the day!
My baby sisters.. so pretty ya?

My elder sis and my bro-in law..
Introducing the set meal - Shark's fin soup

The jumbo combo starter - jellyfish, scallops in yam, fried squid and a funny prawn paste thingy..
This is where I start eating cause I don't eat seafood.. no crabs, prawns, squid, sharksfin for me. I don't dislike seafood but I'm not crazy for it either, so I'm contented having my loved ones have them. Seeing their eyes light up and the satisfied looks mean more to be. I love my fish tho!
And my greens!
Oh this is particularly interesting. Prawns in salted egg yolk sauce. Everyone liked it.

This is my aunt. She just came over to Singapore. She's living here .. for a few months now. She was really shy and I promised to teach her how to swim and take her shopping at Bugis! I hope I don't make her drown..I'm not that good a swimmer..:(

What Jumbo is famous for... No crabs for me but I adore the sauce with crisp fried mantou!!!!!
See See See...unglam moments.. Jumbo does a mean mee goreng too! very tasty
My mantou!!!!!!!!! Mantou over crabs.. no wonder people say I'm extremely low maintainance..
Mantou will my chilli crab sauce... blissful..
Our dessert, honeydew sago..


And my cake came.. dajie, I love this particular shot of you. You look like a little girl!
My mum. I think she's the most beautiful mum in the whole world!

Fatty daddy and pretty mum. The 4 girls..

My grandma! My grandma! I love her!
Hehe..chocolate fudge cake..
More pictures ..1,2,3,4
4 girls for ya!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I love my family! I love my friends, I love life..thank you heavenly Father for all the wonderful things you've given to me!
And to all my friends who came... thank you... :)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dearie so super sorry i missed ur bday :( anw big hugs and happy belated birthday :D :D

Anonymous said...

oops pm here