Friday, June 5, 2009

Meaningful Conversation

Last night, on the way home from the PCD's concert, I asked Louie if I was irritating. He was a little taken aback from the question because he said that was a strong word. I explained saying that sometimes girls can be annoying, emotional, sensitive and we ask a lot from a guy. We need him to change but we don't realise that we need to change.
I came from a humble family, where I learnt everything is about compromise. A relationship is based on love and most importantly respect for each other. Somewhere along the lines in NUS, in Eusoff Hall, I think I came to believe that I deserved a perfect guy. I am ashamed to say that I think I thought too highly of myself because I had undeserved attention. I was placed on the pedestal, supported by popularity, consumed by busyness and forgot my roots.
Along the way, I got jaded.
Along the way, I saw my friends fail in their relationship.
However, I am still happily in love and being loved by an almost perfect guy. Almost because I am not perfect. I want to, and will continue to try to be that person that he needs, understanding towards his work commitments.
I remember that now. Louie says at times we see people's relationships but not ours. Somewhere, I realised many couples seek a break up as a solution to their problems, forgetting that there is no perfect someone for us. Our parents quarrel. There are little girls in this world who grew up being abused by their fathers, wishing that they were born in a different family, only to grow up and find out that people do change. Eventually, love changed anger and all that sadness that comes with it.
Louie says he will always try to make me see his point of view because he doesn't think I'm annoying.
I believe I am truly blessed and I've found the right someone.

1 comment:

AngryAngMo said...

ohh, louies must be so happy when he reads that, cant wait to see you two tooonight, its been tooo long......