Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Phuket getaway

Hello everyone! I'm back from sunny Phuket with a killer tan! I had the most wonderful time with Louie, from being a sand slug on Khai island, to hours of shopping and I have so many pictures to share! Be prepared for a really long post.. -grin-

At the Budget terminal. It was my first time flying by Tiger Airways and I was pleasantly surprised at how decent the budget terminal was. It was more than decent I would say, it was well equipped with internet kiosks and well furnished with lovely, comfy chairs -happy smile-

Day 1 - Arrival
After 1.5 hours in the plane, we arrived at our gorgeous hotel! Our room in Mercure hotel was so lovely! They had this HUGE bathroom with a bathtub and a SEE THROUGH screen.I suppose it was made for visitors who would like to watch TV while soaking in their tub OR it could be that the designer that KINKIER thoughts -chuckles-
The spacious bathroom and our awesome LCD TV!



The view from our room.
Then it was time for lunch. Guess what? Our very first meal in the land of Tom Yum soup was actually... -gasp- Indian Food - Louie's must have! We had the usual but delicious butter masala chicken and naan :)
After lunch, we walked around a bit. I couldn't resist taking pictures of the christmas decorations! They had a pinky theme going round.


Proceeded on to booking our dive trip to Racha Noi and the island tour to Phi Phi islands.
Our hotel!
Chilling out at the pool. It had a jacuzzi too!

Random shots of the bath robes provided :)


Day 2 - Diving
Louie and I were too tired that evening due to accumulated weariness from exams in my case and work for his. I woke him up for breakfast the next morning! I loved the breakfast!!!
The driver picked us up promptly at around 7:30 am and we headed over to the mini ferry. Clowning around
Relaxing at the front deck.
Our dive equipment at the lower deck

Louie took a snapshot of me sleeping! He took this secretly too. I love the picture , the 2 of us relaxing and enjoying.
After the dive, some hot chocolate!
yum...
He looks kinda cute here!


The dive trip ended at around 4ish. We went back to our hotel and changed up for dinner in Phuket Town!

I have a weakness for Mac's ice cream. I get all happy and smiley!

Our first seafood meal at a very good price!



Thumbs up!

Shopped around a little.. Then it was Thai massage at night

Our funky PJs!


Day 3 - Island Tour


While waiting for our speedboat
Maya Bay!!!!!!!! Crystal Clear waters!





stopover for lunch
I got really tanned after the island tour.. back to Mercure at 5ish and we changed up for dinner again! I had my new earrings on! Louie got them for me and it was only 20 baht! That's less than 1 sing dollar!Shopped around..
Dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pad Thai!
Extra Spicy Tom Yum!

Our favourite fresh, succulent steamed fish with lime juice, tonnes of garlic, lemon grass and chilli!
Thai Green curry
Phuket offers the freshest seafood at incredibly low prices! Just look at the size of the prawns...eeeks



Phuket's night life. I was intrigued by the LADYBOYS!
The ladyboy with the T-Back was hot!
The one with the lacy top was a little too agressive. She kept baring her breasts.
Awww..we were so tired after the long day. Louie surprised me by preparing a hot bath for me, completed with tealights we bought. It was a lot darker and more romantic.. I couldn't capture the feel due to the flash of my camera. He even had soft music going on..awww...

Day 4 - Back to the Lion City
Wore my favourite bareback top


Ice cream!
My favourite shot :)
the DOUBLE big mac..
Throughout the last 3 days, Louie bought so much for me cause there wasn't anything that caught his eye. I was really happy when he found stuff he liked in a mall on the last day.. Foot massage to soothe our aching feet



Dinner !
The steamed fish with lime juice again. I kinda miss it already...



I found a useful function for colour accent. The chili was so hot that it turned my tongue pink! Louie's remained normal because his tolerance for spices was a lot higher than mine.
Two sad Singaporeans leaving Phuket...

1 comment:

Cannabutter said...

Wow ! it looks like the perfect escape! I was going thru the photos and wondering if I could share some of your info (I have a little cooking blog). Thanks! Aaron