Friday, December 14, 2007

Dance production practices have been productive recently but with things piling up, stress is kind of heavy on my shoulders. Jason just called me yesterday with regards to choreographing for the girls in church for Christmas. I would have been glad to help but organising the practices have become a chore. These girls have no dance background and to make matters worse, they have a divaish attitude that youngsters possess nowadays. Initially, we agreed upon a dance but it was cancelled due to their bad attitude. As much as I would like to say no to Jason, I know I have no choice but to accept the added responsibility. There were so many if onlies I would like to put it to him.
Do you know that I have dance practice almost every day for 6 hours? On top of that, I have an added responsibility to choreograph and attend my dance blast camp? Do you know that on top of practice, I have to travel from school all the way to sengkang and back to NUS again? That's staying up to 5am daily, waking up at 8:30 am for dance prac, a 3 hour break in between from 12 then it's dancing again till 6:30? Then I have to take a cab to sengkang to teach till 10pm and take a cab back for another practice at 11pm?Do you know that more than anything else, I do not want to teach these girls because they simply don't appreciate the hours spent on choreo, travelling, teaching, cutting and editing the music?
Do you know that I don't appreciate last minute requests? The worse thing is that there will not be full attendance, which means I have to teach the diva separately? When someone pulls out and you just conveniently add two people to replace that one person, do you know that it affects the whole formation?
Please stop calling me 10 times a day and calling non stop because I can't answer the phone when I'm at dance practice. I WILL return the call once I have a break. It is so unfair to travel all the way to sengkang to teach dance when there isn't even a mirror. I don't know how this will go.. I am not optimistic
Please, I do not enjoy this. It is by far the worst experience possible.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey grace,

cheer up! do let me know if you need help k? anything at all unless your asking me to dance, which is obviously not possible.

jh

grace said...

Thanks Jh :)

I don't seeing you dance..hehehhehe..

I think I'm just being pressured into doing something and I don't feel good about it at the moment. I hope everything turns out well in the end..

Thanks for your encouragement..:)

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean, but if you really dont feel like doing maybe you can ask someone else? if not really ask for help k? i dont mind helping you with the backstage stuff really. k? do let me know k?
its christmas time... = )

Yinks said...

Babe.. Hang in there alright? *Hug* Anything I can do to help?

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace! I totally know how it feels like to do something that you don't really want to do. Especially when nobody appreciates your effort. Youth are difficult to handle sometimes. I guess at the end of the day, you've just got to know who you're doing it for. If it's for God, then ANYTHING is worth the price we have to pay. You can do it =)

Anonymous said...

hey dear BIG HUG for u k. well i certainly cant cheer u up by dancing, but i can sing! call me if u need me k :) huggies!

Anonymous said...

oops forgot to sign off. ur potatomate!