Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Case of mistaken identity- by Grace Tye

-grin- I have an affinity for cheesy titles! I am so not creative. For those that know me, I think I am considered a little blur to them. Just a few days ago, I was embarrassingly friendly to a passer-by on my blog. I mistook him for a good friend of mine that I lost contact with sometime ago. He must think I'm a psychopath! Now, that's not much to laugh about. You will probably laugh at this.
Yesterday, I accompanied my Idol sister for her audition, hoping to drop a hardcopy resume on the production side of mediacorp. I was looking for an internship, not an acting role. There I was sitting in the office and I got an influx of scripts thrown at me to audition for. Before I could explain, they left me with dozens of scripts and told me they will be back by this time blah blah. Now, since I had nothing to do, I read the scripts, kaypoh kaypoh la...
Perhaps, my sister's friend thought I wanted an internship with acting?? oooOOo that's a good one cause the only perfect expression I can master occurs only when I need to visit the toilet urgently. I have a ohsoefficient system for excretion you see. Therefore, my good friends like Ting, manda and the a3 girls will know how often I need to well AHEM a day.
Anyways, back to my story. I landed a role. Two in fact..
role 1 - A full episode as the female lead - a teenage girl who got infected with HIV by her boyfriend (some reality TAB TV show)
role 2- A cameo in maggie and me ( some fiona Xie show) as a teenage girl again!

I think I have a knack at looking young, either that or my inner fountain of youth overflows onto my face. I was dressed in a pretty mini dress. I thought I looked my age! Plus the roles I had to audition for were like 20-30s of age. How embarrassing! Oh well but it was fun altogether. I only managed to clear the misunderstanding after the auditions. It was fun looking into the camera and being dramatic. wahhahhahha. Anyways, if i take up the role, I have to strut about in a bikini, get semi undressed, kiss a guy( who I don't know) and pretend I love him. Oh my gosh, if I manage to do that, I think I should get an Oscar. I really think so!!! Well anyways, would anyone like to audition for roles? I've got contacts with the production side. She gave me a card. Filming starts next Tuesdays so if you'l like to audition for my Oscar winning role and the hunky boyfriend, let me know. I'll be rooting you guys on TV. I won't laugh (that's a lie). Last audition will be this thurday. Let me know quick ya?

Lotsa love love
Oscar candidate, grace

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

potato matey! ive linked u at myeith.wordpress.com ya :) btw do check out this blogshop my friend and i are maintaining: junkedinmybackyard.wordpress.com :D take care!

Anonymous said...

lol sweetie thanks for linking! hey tag at junked to let me know which dresses u want k :)

Anonymous said...

ooh did u agree to the cameo role for maggi and me then?

grace said...

Nope cause I'm hopeless I think..hehe though I might consider future cameos if it involved alvin ng! He's such a hottie!

Peihuan said...

hi peihuan here, hav been reading your blog and updating myself with how u have been. i noe u alwiz seems so happy and carefree.. but deep inside know that the Lord is willing to heal broken hearts and broken minds. He is more than willing coz You are everything to Him. He has blessed you with such a suuportive family...a family that upheld u..Let Him consume every negative things...i am kinda feeling that oso, smt in me that strongly tells me whatever trials that i go tru now, the Lord renews my mind, my soul and consume everything OLD and stinky within. Feel free to call me for electric blue stuff haha or i will bug u den! heh

Anonymous said...

lol thanks babe, reserved it for u already. u still want the sundress?

grace said...

I'm not too sure about it cause I've been buying similar designs a lot. I love the colour though but I'm shopping way too much! sigh.. maybe next month if it's still there. It's very nice!!!!! sinful !!!

grace said...

hey dear, thank you for being the one who took me to service at new creation that day. It refreshed me and I was just telling Louis today how the message of prosperity spoke to my heart. Meditating on his word brings peace. My faith in Him has grown. Yes let's cast our burdens on him! thank you so much!
I went window shopping today and saw a pathetic number of eletric blue stuff. Nothing gorgeous..just passable. I think we need to conquer the streets together!

Anonymous said...

haha,i dun think acting is for me. i get the creeps when i see myself on screen. even if its like a video a friend took. i was in a 2 short films, a project i was involved in, i clnd bear look when my part was coming up!
maybe u shld try, i think it wld be a great experience seeing how things work, even though i dun think mediacorp is that professional in its set up. u look good in photos , so probably u will do too on screen! you know how some actors/actresses look bad on print!

Anonymous said...

dearie check ur mail! found something in ur electric blue!!

grace said...

AwwWW thank you! -blush blush- I have no idea what to say to that compliment! You take nice pics yourself too!

grace said...

Shar dear, you're the sweetest!!!!!!!!!! The top looks great! it's unique!!!!!! how should I wear it? as it is?