Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bintan Trip Part 1



Good Sunday to you! -big happy smile- It's been ages since I last blogged and I apologise for the emo nemo entry. I was a tad bit down that day and writing somehow helped. A BIG thank you to my dearest POK, JH, Siding, Ben and the few others that left encouraging messages on my blog and my cell phone. I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Armed with lots of smiles, energy and a TAN!!! yippeee yoolee yay!


Bintan was pretty much a cookie cutter holiday. It's more for the tourist, not the traveller. The gigantic resorts are self-sufficient, armed with an array of activities from water sports, to diving, to dirt-bike racing, to achery..-wink- you get what I mean. It's very expensive though.. everything is paid in Sing $$ and it's a lot more pricey compared to what you get in Singapore. They don't sell instant noodles at their convenience stall in order to encourage consumptions from their cafes and restaurants. They food and beverages served in the cafes and restaurants are generally better than average. In fact, I enjoyed the food very much! So did Louis :)




An advice for general folks looking for a laid back holiday: Bintan is gorgeous but be prepared to pay a little more for everything else. Don't travel out of your resort unless you're in a BIG group because there are no cabs for hire, unlike the abundance of taxis in Singapore. The hotel chaters them and you HAVE to take their vehicles, paying about $125 for half a day's rent.





Ready for the adventure??!??! Here goes!!






Louis and me!! All smiley and fresh for our trip! -big grin- My current favourite colour is white and I wore white throughout my trip!!



Ooppps? -laughs uncontrollably- Fashion Faux!!
.
.

. Introducing the 2 contestants - Grace and Louis. Who looks worse? You decide!

Louis and I had half an hour to kill before we could check into the Bintan Ferry Terminal. This was taken at the Factory Outlet store just beside the Ferry Terminal at the very end of our trip. I begged Louis to try on the outrageous shirt for me and he agreed only if I wore something hilarious in return. Hence... we each had a choice of 4 items to dress the other party up!!! I think I won!! He looks like a GANGSTER- HIP HOP- PUFF DADDY- WANNABE!!!!!!


Laughing uncontrollably as we emerged from our changing rooms


That's me!!!!!! I was laughing so hard before I came out because I looked so funny! Louis heard me laugh from where he was standing!

Sorry.. back to the trip! hehe..a nice bit of distraction there I hope? A good laugh to brighten up your day?




Back to breakfast at Kiliney Kopitiam. The boy had 4 eggs!!!!!!!

Posing while we waited for our ferry.


The ferry ride took about an hour! Here is our gorgeous gorgeous resort!!!!!

Aye Aye Captain!!


After soaking ourselves silly in the sea, we sneaked into the golf course! I was still in my BIKINI!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssss :)


We spent most of the time at the beach and by the pool. The food and beverages were yummy!



We wanted to have a special dinner and found out that the resort served this fantastic dinner by the beach! Not only was it a buffet dinner with endless supply of Indonesian dishes, there were huge succulent prawns, fishes and other seafood to complement! The service by the smiley staff made us feel like royalty AND there were several dance and singing performances put up throughout the whole dinner! A wonderful experience!!!!!!!!!!





After the luxurious dinner, it was a walk by the beach. We were intrigued by the little sea creatures we found at night. Louis became a little boy. His eyes lighted up when he found the crab! It was eating a green bug when we decided to observe it.
Back in our rooms.. the deluxe room was so spacious.. we had our own coffee area!
When we travelled out. I had ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



That's half an entry for now. I have so many pictures to share! I'll put them up again real soon! I have to show you my snorkelling pictures, wakeboarding ones too and all the lovely lovely shots!!


Dearie,


Thank you for the wonderful trip. You remind me again on how and why I fell in love with you. Thank you for standing by me during the good and bad times. Thank you for being the special guy in my life :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I'm glad everything is finally o.k for you. Keep that beautiful smile on.

Anonymous said...

hey babe! looking like your cheery old self again! great to see that :) oh and i think you should just post the photos as they are instead of grouping them into 4s, as theyre kinda hard to make out certain ones. take care!

grace said...

oh dear! Okay.. I wanted to post all the photos but I have too many! I thought if I post them in larger ones, people might be irritated from the pics! I still have a bintan part 2..shall post them in larger pics then!! :)