Friday, July 6, 2007

It's friday! Felt extremely lethargic from the busy, long week at work, meeting friends till late and from over-exercising. I can't help it! Exercise is the HOTNEWANTIDEPRESSANT! I love the adrenalin rush, the healthy pink glow from perspiration and the little perk-me-ups that come with exercise! It's an added bonus that exercise tones up the body. I hope this doesn't come out bimbotic!!

It's a huge relief knowing it's a friday. As much as I love my new working environment and my colleagues, being given bigger roles and more responsibility at work also bring about more stress! On one hand, I'm flattered that Lavs, Jac, Anita and Lin include me on their projects, on the other hand, I'm a little intimidated by the complexity. I admire these ladies. They're independent, dedicated, confident, capable and are style mavens in their unique way. I do want to meet their expectations and perhaps do a little better because I know I can if I try hard enough but there's always this nagging feeling of carelessness. I know I can afford to be more meticulous and organised! I think I'll mentally chant "If they can do it, I can do it" every morning so that added confidence. The placebo effect perhaps? -grin-

Well, monday and wednesday were eventful. I had the famous ang mo kio claypot crab bee hoon!! Except that it was at new the branch at Toa Payoh..(it's not that crowded but the food is as nice). I'm not a seafood fanatic but the salt and pepper crab, butter crab and of course the claypot one was fantasticandyummyandmeantforgluttonslikeme! teeheehee!! I had a blast witht he advertising gang!

Wednesday was even better. I had a great time at Bar Stop with my DHL girls. I think no matter what, girls will be girls. I was a little reserved and shy but I loveloveloved the juicy gossip on hot guys, work and everythingunderthesun! Jac speaks her mind while Dorene compliments her by being hilariously blunt. Jaime's really nice but when she pokes fun, she adds flavour to the conversation. Lavs is extremely witty! She has one heck of a command of language and is ever ready for a funny retort. Steph's cool too. I like it when she supports her own argument and yet thread carefully, careful not to offend.

Sometimes I wish I have more of an attitude as a girl. I'm labelled little girl or miss nice and I don't want it. Now I'm going to sound all feministic but I don't care! I have to rant!!! I don't want to be taken for granted and I hereby announce that I'm going to develop some healthy attitude!!

No comments: