Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Chai! - A blessed CNY to everyone!

A blessed CNY to everyone! I had a wonderful 3 days break over the CNY weekend! Even though Louie left for Perth with his family, I had the best time with my family and my sisters. I missed them tremendously!

Sent Louie and his family off at the airport on CNY's eve. Marion, Dino's gf was there too!
After tutorial, I went home. Met Zhi Yuan on the bus and we had the longest, nicest talk ever. Zhi Yuan's the perfect gentleman!


Looking all greedy at the fish my Dad made. It was GGOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Crisp on the outside, tender on the inside..and that spicy sauce...oooh
Fatty Pork that melted in my mouth.
Louie would have loved this! Giant tiger prawns in white wine garlic sauce
Shark's fin anyone?

Abalone
I love my vege!
My favourite dish of the day. Herbal chicken soup. No salt added. Just the incredible sweetness of the herbs. I was enslaved to the tender chicken that melted in my mouth.
5 people at dinner, 7 dishes.
Nothing left!! The damage!

CNY day 1 - church! It's indeed a blessing to be in the Lord's presence on the first day of the new year :)
After church, it was over to grandma's for steamboat. She makes the best steamboat I say! And that perfect golden crisp tempura prawns...

CNY day 1 -part 2.
Stayed at grandma's till abour 7 ish and we went over to my Aunt's. My aunt invited this lady who had the cutest dog. She demonstrated her talents - one of which was to stand on her hind legs!

CNY-Day 2 : To Dad's side of the family. First stop, Uncle Ronnie's!
The spread of peranakan buffet!

With my Popo.. does she look 60? NAH!

Our unglamorous side..
Jo and Jas love this. Chicken wrapped in pandan leaf I think?
HAha.. told you the food was good!
CNY-part 2 : After Uncle Ronnie's, Dad took us to a movie.. guess which one?

AH Long PTE LTD!! -chuckles-

CNY part 3- Then it was dinner at Popo Neo's place. I'm proud of my peranakan heritage and the fantabulous food that comes with it. My PoPo(pronounced with the Malay accent) used to cook for celebrities! Ahh Louie missed his fav sambal, home made peranakan otah, AND the traditional crab meat ball soup!!!

This shot is for you dearie!!!!! The best crab meat ball soup I've ever had!
Took a pic with my pretty little cousin. :)
That's all for my first 2 days of CNY visiting.. dad held a home party on Sat and he cooked prawn noodles. Everyone loves it.. EVERYONE.... I think 50 people came over for his yummyliciousorgasmicallytasty broth.. it was hours of boiling!!!!
I was pretty disappointed that this would be the 2nd year Louie's missing CNY with my family. last year, when we first got together, it was difficult co-ordinating our visits. This year, he went to Perth. Felt the disappointment when my relatives asked for him.. wanted him to have a taste of the TYE family's CNY! Next year perhaps?

No comments: