Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Shuting's not so surprising SURPRISE 23rd GALAND THEMED B'DAY PARTY

It was Shuting's birthday yesterday and I wanted to surprise her with a Garland themed party the Saturday before her big day. Boy did I ruin the surprise! Thinking I was the most brilliant mastermind alive, I messaged her boyfriend, Mars to recruit him into my dark plan. HOWEVER, I ruined it by messaging her when I mass messaged the other A3 girls. The only excuse was that I was too used to message the usual group of girls. -wails- I thought I could finally plan a surprise!!!!
A word of advice. Never recruit me into surprises. The last time Mars wanted to send Shuting a surprise bouquet of flowers for V-Day, he asked me for her address. I CONVENIENTLY went to ask her for it! How stupid can I get!??! She found out about the flowers before she got them!
Then there was Louie's surprise B'day party. Louie put it right - I am ditzy..
NEVERTHELESS! I'm determined to plan a surprise for him this Thursday! It is our belated one year anniversary celebration!!! - crosses fingers, toes and eyes -
Dearie, thank you for running around with me on a Saturday to get the garlands done, buy the cake, decorate the place... The warmth and smile that illuminated Shuting's face that night made me go all warm and fuzzy. She is a friend I will always treasure. Always and always. :)
We got the garlands from Little India. Louie didn't drive that day, so we endured the sorching heat and carried the pretty hand made garlands to vivo.
After running around for a few hours, we decided to rest our feet at Coffee Bean. Louie has a new love -wails- It's the ice blended Pecan Praline flavour from Coffee Bean!
I was temporarily forgotten...
Or maybe not.. -grin- The rich texture of it, coupled with the aroma of Pecan was heavenly!

After the much needed break, we hopped into a cab and went over to the Birthday Venue Marcellus (Shuting's BF) booked. It is a place called 211 Rooftop Terrace Cafe at Holland Shopping Centre. It was the perfect ambience for a garland party and the food was pleasantly good and affordable. I would recommend the steak and the other meaty dishes over the pasta. However, their service was pretty much compromised by unsmiling staff and tardy deliveries of requests.

Setting up the place with our garlands.
Taking pretty pictures near dusk.Playing around with the colour accent function of my camera. The object of focus was the pretty orchid garland.
The guests streamed in. The A3 girlies!!!!!! Grace, Angel, Yumin, Qin Mei, Andrea, Tian, Yong Ming, Mars ( the BF) and Louie!


Shuting arrived later, which was pretty well planned by Mars. She looked pretty in her brown dress and perfectly coordinated makeup. The unplanned surprise was that Mars wore a polo shirt of the exact shade of brown! The couple looked great!
We took turns taking pictures with the B'day Girl.

The food came after a while!! Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy!




And then there's Qin Mei's and Yuimin's crazy EMO-NEMO shots. They REALLY enjoyed it. These are just some of the FEW shots. -chuckles-


I was the tree! My green dress and the overwhelming bloom of flowers! teeheehee
Tian and Yong Ming came later due to work. They were in time for the cake! Yong Ming's also known as Ahmad cause he's the sweetest boyfriend. He is Tian's personal Chauffer 24/7, daily to work, after.... anywhere else...
The colourful cake! I heart colours!!!! And particularly this combination from Secret Recipe. Cheeze Choc - a sinful combination.

The group photos!





Happy Birthday my dearest friend. I pray for God's blessing to be upon you, Mars and everyone you treasure. May you be happy and pretty always!

No comments: