Monday, March 26, 2007

Happy birthday Rubin!




My dear friend Rubin, turned 25 on friday and we went to East Coast for seafood, a place called Red House I think. The mantou dipped in the chili crab sauce was simply fabulous! They served Sri Lankan crabs which had more flesh than the normal crabs and I'm glad the boys enjoyed themselves. I'm not really into seafood but the company more than made up for it. Though it was just the three of us (Louis, Rubin and me), we had quite a bit of a talk.. I got to know Rubin when I entered Sheares Hall. Back then, I thought he was this cute guy with this serious expression when he was giving us prep talks for our matches. He's pretty tall and I remembered checking him out when he was watching a match intently. haha.. Oh well, he's now a very good friend. I can't help but laugh at his 'little boy' expressions when he eats and all. Oh did I tell you he has this infectious way of eating? He concentrates intently on his food and it just makes the dishes seem more yummy! Anyways, back to Rubin. We haven't exactly known each other for very long but I've always liked talking to him. He comes across as very sincere and not afraid to be honest with his opinions. It's a privilege to get to know you dear friend!
I liked the ride home. It was considerably long but Louis was there. We talked a lot, as usual but he would probably say that I did most of the talking. I love hearing him talk after he spends quality time doing things he likes and I think he enjoyed Rubin's company immensely. He doesn't know it but he gets more animated and smiley AND he has a great laugh.
Just the other day, Alvin and I were talking in the library and we came across the topic on how far we would go for our loved ones. He mentioned that I would do a lot to make others happy. Alvin's pretty much right. I think I would do as much as I can to make the people around happy, especially the ones that i treasure. I could forgo a photoshoot session to support a match, miss a dance practise to watch Jasmine sing... go all the way to get my friend her favourite char kway tiao to cheer her up after a nasty breakup with her ex. Then again, I realised that because i genuninely care, people around me reciprocate the gestures as well. Little things like having someone message me after knowing that I'm sick..coming all the way with hot horlicks knowing that i'm stressed out... having support when I'm at my lowest... People say that life's complicated. I don't deny that it is, especially with people who value money and career. Now that I'm graduating, I've come to know people who would take up jobs that they don't particularly enjoy for the money and complaining about how they dislike their jobs, sometimes they get so busy and aren't able to meet up with their friends. I hope I don't become like that. I love the people I have in my life right now and I hope that I'll always stay rooted, down to earth and treasure little gestures and concern my loved ones have for me, especially my family. I miss you daddy... I think i'll message him on his cell right now. Guess I'll keep my entry to this then.. :)
Is rubin
a) In pain?
b) Disgusted by something smelly?
c) Prying his crab open?
... haha yes it's obvious with that crab sauce stain on his chin. He's attacking the crab! or perhaps it's the other way round?
Brownie cheesecake from Swissbake, just the right size for 3 :)

Mutant with crab claw. Check out that killer grin!


No comments: