Thursday, March 6, 2008

Reminiscing

When I was young, I was very much the dreamer. My elder sister is 7 years older so a large portion of my childhood entertainment was spent on creating fantasy stories in the comfort of my home. When my best friend, Alethea entered my life, these reel life enactments involved my younger siblings and the darling girl. I remember our "furniture game" and our "rich family, poor family". The memories still linger... :)

I had a long chat with Claud last night and she told me about how her boyfriend created a "stay-over-at-the-beach" set up for her. She had cramps that day and they had to abandon their plans on camping by the beach to watch the sunrise. Her boyfriend surprised her by re-arranging his room and placed his comforter on the floor. He secretly sneaked wine and food and chocolates into his bagpack and took them out one by one. Claud beamed as she described what he did. The best part was that he let her throw her refuse as and where she liked despite being a super hygienic and neat person. -chuckles- It must have been a torture.

She told me what she went through during the 2 years that he was in NS. Things have changed. Her boyfriend's a lot sweeter now and he delivered Macs to her in the middle of the night!

A special friend just got out of a relationship recently. I don't know if the both of you read my blog but there are times when things can still work out. Changes are inevitable as we grow up but if you love each other, learn to accept the changes.

I believe that love exist. Despite having my heart broken, I believe in it. Romance, on the other hand may wean thin with time. Most couples tend to take each other for granted after sometime. Don't let it happen. Freda told me how Ben used to sms her every morning and it felt wonderful. Claud told me how she couldn't take it when her boyfriend took her for granted and they worked things out. I felt really hurt during valentine's day. But these can be worked out.

Dear friend, you've always said I was innocent and trusting, but I don't want you to keep seeing me that way. I am not naive nor am I that little girl anymore. I've grown up and seen bad things, but I still believe. I want you to believe too.

Don't give up.

Not Yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love is subjective.
it comes and go, hits when u less know it, and leaves when u most want it to stay.

i dont know what happened, and dont mean to pry also, but hey, goodluck in whatever is it that u do.

:) smile more, it makes people's day, at least mine.