Thursday, January 14, 2010

I did something nice today!

I think I did!
I was exhausted from gyming and decided to cab home. I got an cabbie uncle that couldn't stop talking to me when all I wanted was some shut eye. I tried to entertain him and half the time I wasn't sure what I said.

I was so relieved when the cab arrived at my place and whipped out my newly withdrawn SGD 50 note. To my horror, the cabbie didn't have change!

Uncle requested that I get some change and I suggested to coffee shop opposite my place which is a fair bit of distance.

Guess what, after he dropped me off, I got change, went back to the spot and HE DISAPPEARED! Confused I stood there. I stood there for 10 minutes thinking to myself that $12 must mean something for cab drivers (very often, cabbies tell me how hard it is to earn a living). Well he returned, without so much an explanation, took my money, mumbled a thank you and drove off.

I walked home feeling incredible. Noisy uncle, inefficient, pulled a David Copperfield disappearing act, had me confused for a whole 10 minutes, and made me walk all the way home from the coffee shop.

Yet I paid.

I think God's promise of restful increase is manifesting. I Actually Felt incredibly happy that I had the patience.

:)

2 comments:

angryangmo said...

I would have so just gone home... How can you expect to make a living out of a business if you are not even prepared for the most basic mandatory things like being able to give change to your clients?

Its like driving a cab without having petrol or being blind, how?? I dont get it, issue clearly on service provider side not customer side.. hence, he would either have to solve the problem by driving you to the money changing place,or bank or wherever for free ... or he would have to expect not getting paid.

Ahh, angryangmo... soo fierce :))

アラド戦記 said...

Wonderful blog. I am searching awesome news and idea. What I have found from your site, it is actually highly content. You have spent long time for this blog. It's a very useful and interesting site. Thanks !